Has your business been impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown? The Queensland Government has announced The Small Business Adaption Grant program on Wednesday to support Queensland small businesses highly impacted or even subjected to closure, by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions.
This grant is designed to support small businesses to adapt and sustain their operations in the changing climate and to build resilience.
This grant program will allow Queensland small and micro businesses to apply for up to $10,000 which can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
Applications are open now and will close when funding has been exhausted. As of Thursday, 21st May, more than 4000 applications have been submitted with nearly 45% of the funds allocated.
In summary, to be eligible you must have over $75k in annual turnover, be GST registered and demonstrate a reduction in business revenue over the effected period. Full details on the program, including the eligibility criteria and application process, is available at www.business.qld.gov.au/adaption-grants
It you are interested in investigating how to access these grants and how Business Coaching can help reinvent your business contact Sara Sieradzki our Business Coach.